4 Emerging Technologies You Need to Know in 2019
Emerging technology is introducing market disrupting innovations that are evolving the way we do business. As more of our marketing and sales strategies move into digital forums, marketing leaders are turning their investments toward intelligent software and tech that can give them a lead on their competition.
Here at Starfire Dynamics, we make it our job to stay on top of the latest trends. Below are four trends our staff agrees businesses need to pay keen attention to and take advantage of in 2019.
The Growth of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Software and Tech
Artificial Intelligence (better known as AI) began its first steps from idea to reality in 1957. Since then, it has known rapid advancement. Machine learning algorithms went from basic problem-solving and interpreting languages to both creating and speaking its own language.
Now we’re integrating quick-thinking AI into software and tech to help us better understand our target audiences, analyze data and guide our efforts toward better engagement and increased profits.
It may sound surreal, but this is our modern-day reality. The results are tangible, driving business owners and leaders to invest a substantial amount of their budget in marketing technology, also known as martech. These often cloud-based applications and software use AI to automate and execute fine-tuned:
- Digital Advertising Campaigns
- Email Marketing Campaigns
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Content
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Data Management and Analytics
- And More!
You’ve heard the phrase “There’s an app for that.” When it comes to AI, the saying rings true. There is an AI-driven platform for just about every aspect of a business, from sales and marketing to customer service and product management.
Which leads us to our next trend…
Streamlining Processes with Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Robotic Process Automation, or RPA, is being adopted by numerous businesses who want to automate repetitious tasks and invest more time in the efforts that grow their business.
Unlike AI, RPA isn’t free-thinking. Instead, it describes a bot or series of bots designed to execute specific tasks based on a set of rules. Several large businesses are adopting RPA, including AT&T, Walgreens, Anthem, and American Express Global Travel — just to name a few.
You’ve likely seen bots used in your day-to-day activities, such as chat bots on company websites or social media pages. The easiest way to distinguish AI from RPA is that these bots typically focus on automating simple, human tasks. Examples include:
- Automating onboarding processes for new employees
- Processing Customer Orders
- Relaying Shipping Updates
- Trigger Automatic Email Responses to Specific Actions
- Process Payroll
- Extract Data for Form Entries
- And More
RPA can tighten up your processes and free up more time for employees to focus on more profitable activities. However, this is only true if they are integrated wisely. It’s important to carefully evaluate your business needs before implementing bots into your processes.
When it comes to more advanced tasks, a strong CRM or AI-driven platform may be the better solution. IT professionals can create a customized solution that handles more backend activities that may be more advantageous.
Cybersecurity is no longer a luxury. It’s a necessity. From preserving sensitive data to dodging various cyber threats, every business needs a strong cyber security setup in place to protect themselves as well as their customers. But as hackers get smarter, so do the defenses.
Here are a few trends we’re noticing in the realm of digital security:
- Hardware Authentication: Just as each person has a unique fingerprint, each piece of hardware has a unique ID. This ID is created using a combination of different components within your computer. Emerging technology is using this to its advantage by screening CPU IDs that interact with specific software or internet connections. Simply put, this tech will screen these IDs for malicious or unauthorized access and prevent them from accessing your sensitive data.
- Cloud Security: With the rise of cloud technology came a need for a new form of security. While the flexibility of the cloud enabled easy access from anywhere, its connection to the internet made it vulnerable in ways private networks aren’t. New technology is virtualizing necessary lines of defense, such as firewalls and systems that detect and prevent unwanted intrusions. Many entities use Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) as well to add another layer of security.
- Deep Learning: Deep learning is a practice that uses AI to both analyze and predict potential attacks via data and machine learning. This incredibly useful innovation helps keep the pace with hackers, who also are constantly updating their techniques in order to get by security systems and measures.
Like most tech industries, cyber security evolves at a rapid pace and there are no signs of it slowing down. It can’t. Not when defensive tech has to stay one step ahead of the threats it protects against.
The Rise of Blockchain
Along with cryptocurrency came the rise of blockchain. Essentially, blockchain is an ongoing record of transactions of cryptocurrency. However, it has the potential of growing beyond the scope of digital currency into numerous industries.
For example, healthcare can use it to encrypt patient data while supply chain businesses can use it to manage its product. The innate security of blockchain makes it highly secure, as its decentralized nature protects it from tampering.
Integrate Emerging Tech into Your Business
Is your business behind the times? Not every company has a team of IT experts in-house to guide their processes and strategies. Let Starfire Dynamics help you enhance your performance with some of the leading solutions in emerging technology.
We listen closely to our clients, creating customized solutions through our services that help them reach their business goals. From staff augmentation to staff recruitment and enterprise solutions, our clients find peace of mind when they put their needs in our hands.
Contact us today to start a conversation.